I’ll do my best to make her proud. The first part is easy, I just follow the award’s instructions but then the fun begins when I try to form coherent answers to the awesome questions she came up with.
Here’s how the award works:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have fewer than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
- MrsKristyHoll: An On line Journey of Self Improvement
- Sibille Rose
- LaJasmina: A Place For Knitting and Textiles
- My Knit Closet
- Nicole Tavares Knits
- From Goats to Soaps
Andalexand’s Questions for me:
- Are you a crafter? What’s your poison?
I’m a crafter through and through. I can’t remember or imagine a time where I’m not in the middle of making something. Right now, I’m obsessed with knitting.
- What is your favorite color combination?
Brown and steel blue, I can’t resist something so classic.
- How did you get into crafting?
When we immigrated here, my dad held a stressful job and had the graveyard shift. My mom needed a way to keep three young kids out of trouble and quiet while he slept, hence: crafting. I learned to cross stitch, then I asked to learn to crochet but got over it after a short while.
My first Christmas with my wife had me raiding my mom’s craft bin – ahem borrowing a crochet hook and size 10 needles because I wanted to knit her a scarf. In the end I crocheted one but I vowed to teach myself to knit in the upcoming year.
- What is a random fact about you that would surprise others?
I am pathologically shy and have a bit of social anxiety even when I’m going to hang out with people I know. I definitely don’t come off that way but it’s all a front, I’m still a shy nerdy girl.
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging mostly because I wanted to be accountable to my projects but also so that people could see that trying out/learning craft isn’t inaccessible – this blog is my way of saying (and reminding myself): Curious about [insert craft of choice]? Jump in, make mistakes, learn from said mistakes, and have a good time!
- What’s your favorite blog post (that you’ve written)?
I think it’s the first time I felt that full of hope and like a real knitter: inspiration, vision and execution flowed into one another and before I knew it, before my first cup of coffee, I was well into the project.
- If you could only read one crafting blog, which would you choose?
What do you mean just one? Hmmm… Wolfberryknits.
If the solar flare that partially fried the internet so that I could only read one blog restricted me to my same hemisphere however, it would be AndAlexaAnd
- Roller coasters–for or against?
For! I haven’t been on one since I was 17 (my thrill seeking days) but I love the physics and engineering that goes into them. I could solve those homework problems all day and would love to be the chemist consultant if they were considering new materials.
- What is your favorite beverage?
I started to type “Red Ant,” but that didn’t seem right. The I tried “My hard cider” but that didn’t feel entirely honest either… Truth? It’s all about Oolong, black. I’m not English, but those folk are onto something when they say that the answer to any problem can be found at the bottom of a good cup of tea.
- If money was no issue, where would you like to travel?
Iceland, hands down. I’ve always wanted to see the Northern Lights – and the geology! Their beer happens to be remarkably good for a country that just recently made it legal again. They have amazing yarn… Hell, I might move there for a bit if they are in need of city planners or chemists.
- Pets? Pics?
Alas, no, they aren’t allowed by our lease. However if I had my way, I’d have a couple of these guys to hang out with:
Questions for my nominees:
- If you had a super power what would it be?
- You’ve been sentence to time on a deserted island, what is the one project you take with you?
- When was the last time the phrase “I regret nothing!” popped into your head?
- Fog: for or against?
- What’s your go-to fiber if you are a crafter? Gerund if you are a writer, and if you’re both answer using your favorite conjunctive adverb.
- What is one word you wished would make a come-back?
- If you could go back in time and tell yourself one thing before your very first project, what would it be?
- Is there a color you wont work with?
- You are rushing off to work, open the door, and there is a huge box of yarn at your door. What do you do?
- Favorite game.
- You can teleport for one day – where are you off to first?
Feel free to participate in whatever capacity you want – all I want to know is the answer to #9. Yes. It has happened.